Passionately Advocating for Your Best Interests

Worcester Modifications & Contempt Attorney

Helping Clients Navigate Changes to Their Divorce Settlement

Most people hope that once a divorce is finalized, the troubles they had in their relationship come to an end. However, changing circumstances might mean that child support or custody issues must be revisited, or in some cases, that a complaint for contempt should be filed to enforce an existing order. Ayvazian Law is here to help you resolve your post-trial issues.

No matter how your situation has changed, Ayvazian Law can effectively create a strategy for your case. We are the firm with experience helping individuals navigate divorce, custody issues, modifications, contempt, and more. Trust in our experience—reach out to our Worcester modification lawyer today.

Reasons for Modifications of Support & Custody

The court only grants modifications when one party demonstrates that it is necessary to do so. This typically involves some change in the life circumstances of one spouse, or possibly a child. However, it does take careful documentation and presentation of arguments to effectively argue for a modification.

The following are some common reasons individuals request modifications to a divorce settlement:

  • One party has a major increase or decrease in income
  • Either spouse remarries
  • A medical emergency occurs, affecting financial need
  • Some other event increases or decreases one party’s financial need
  • One parent moves into or out of the state, requiring “domestication” of an order

Our attorney can help you collect and present evidence in favor of your modification to the court. Additionally, we can effectively litigate for your best interests and ensure your position is properly represented to obtain a positive outcome.

Contempt in Family Law Cases

Contempt is a civil action used to attempt to force compliance when an individual has not followed a court ruling. One party may make a complaint of contempt if the other party fails to pay child support, for example. But if one person has found they are unable to make payments, they may request a modification in order to avoid contempt.

Call a Worcester Contempt Attorney

At Ayvazian Law, we have the legal experience to help both those seeking to make a complaint of contempt and those who wish to request a modification to a support or custody order. We know situations change, and we can use our knowledge and skills—including forensic accounting services—to create a strong argument for your side.

Trust us to help with your modification or complaint request. Call (508) 315-6244 or complete our online contact form for your consultation.

Our Testimonials

Stories From Our Happy Clients
  • “Divorce is never easy, whether it is amicable or not. Divorce is especially not easy when it involves matters of the heart and cognitive disabilities. I am a disabled veteran with traumatic brain ...”

    - Cecilia S.
  • “Ayvazian Law was professional, thorough, and always prepared!”

    - Daniel
  • “I can not say enough about the attentiveness and professionalism of her and her staff.”

    - Timothy M.
  • “If I were to write my experiences with Mary Beth and her law firm I would need a couple of paragraphs.”

    - Kent F.
  • “Mary Beth was able to explain and predict what would happen next, and at every step, she provided specific, practical advice for how to protect yourself.”

    - Former Client

Providing an Unmatched Experience

How We Make the Difference for Our Clients
  • Committed to Putting Your Family First
  • We Provide Open-Minded Communication
  • High-Quality Representation from Start to Finish
  • We Will Go the Extra Mile to Protect Your Rights